The Yoga Sutra for the iPad, iPhone, & iPod Touch:
an original, novel yet perfectly logical way to read, study, listen to, and learn to chant the Yoga Sutra -
using digital palm-leaves, aka. flashcards!
This is the long awaited modern update to an ancient classic!
But this is not just an e-Book, or a set of flashcards; Yoga XTC's Yoga Sutra app is many things rolled into one:
- A new, remarkably readable and comprehensible English translation of the Yoga Sutra
- An effective tool for learning to read the sutras in the Devanagari script
- A powerful way to learn the sounds of the Yoga Sutra - sutra by sutra, or word by word - an audio recording is just a tap away
- The Search function is essentially a convenient Sanskrit-English Yoga Sutra dictionary - ever wonder where "asana" is mentioned in the Yoga Sutra? Search and instantly discover its context within the Yoga Sutra!
The Yoga Sutra app features:
- The complete Yoga Sutra - 4 chapters and 196 Sutras
- Each sutra is rendered in the Devanagari script
- Each sutra is transliterated and translated into English
- Each sutra is broken down and translated word-by-word
- Each sutra and word is recited in Sanskrit
- Sutras are loopable to aid study and memorization - you decide how many sutras you want to loop
- Customizable - you can read in Devanagari only, Transliteration only, English only, or Devanagari and Transliteration on one side, and English on the other
- You can choose to read sutra-by-sutra, word-by-word, or both word-by-word with the words strung together as the full sutra.
- All bundled in an elegant, aesthetically pleasing design!
Experience the ancient technology of Yoga via the modern technology of an app, and enjoy a rewarding experience of the Yoga Sutra!
Have a question, or suggestion?
Send us an email: